Welcome to Season 2! This is the page referenced in the 2018 Dreams and Goals podcast episode.
And I did not mention this in the episode, but since you found your way here…. I am offering an additional resource. During the replay, I mentioned my situation at the time (2016) and what I wanted to turn around. I am offering you a copy of what I used in 2016 as an example. Goals example for podcast
Keep a few things in mind:
- This is for you. You can keep it private, or share with others (maybe an “accountability buddy” to support each other).
- This is a living document. Keep evolving this (and your dreams!). When you complete goals, add new ones. Over time, your goals may shift and you may drop one or a few because your situation changes.
- This is an exercise in introspection and a self coaching tool. Keep going deeper on your beautiful talents and strengths, and also deeper insight into what is holding you back. This is an exercise in allowing yourself to dream, getting real, and being honest with your own self. Let yourself see your own self. No one else need to see this (refer to #1 🙂
- Stay open. Many of the things I put there have come to fruition, some are still in process (two years later), and a few I have delayed because they don’t really fit (yet… or maybe never). Dreams have their own divine timing.
- Be flexible and adapt to your “best” way.
- Some people love structure and discipline, will fill this out and faithfully work this every week.
- Some will fill it out (and spend a lot of quality time with it), then it may put it away. Put a reminder on your calendar to dig it out a year later – you may be surprised what has happened.
- Others will spend a little time and put it away, and may revisit it on occasion.
I have found that the “best” use of time is to really spend time filling it out. Dig deep. What secret longings do you keep hidden away? What is hard for you to admit or look at? What amazing talents do you use but maybe not to your full potential?
This is about aligning your intention with your deepest desire and dreams, to your focus and energy. This will be different for each person. There is no one “right” way, only “your” way.