As we increase our awareness and consciousness, it is not unusual for non-ordinary information to come through. Barbara Brennan calls this our High Sense Perception or HSP. Your dog can smell and hear things that are outside of our normal human range of senses. That is a pretty commonly accepted truism. When your dog hears something that we don’t, do we doubt the dog’s experience? Usually, no – we probably investigate to see if we can find what Fido is reacting to.
It is similar with High Sense Perception (HSP). There are things that you or I may detect that others cannot, and it may be out of the range of normal sense perception. As we become more sensitive, we can pick up on things.
Hearing that becomes more sensitive is called clairaudience. According to Merriam-Webster dictionary, this is “the power or faculty of hearing something not present to the ear but regarded as having objective reality“. Personally, I have been clairaudient since I was a child and it took a lifetime to learn how to work with this skill.
A funny thing happens on the way to Forum, as the saying goes. Our ego tries to work with skill. This post will give you suggestions on how to work with skill in the context of your ego.
First, let me acknowledge that for centuries we have been scared into thinking that if we hear voices in our head we will be locked away in a mental institution. I could say a lot more about that, but I would digress a lot. And I shall not, for now.
It is becoming more “normal” for people to have non-ordinary experiences, including hearing. As we explore meditation, yoga, eat a better diet and incorporate many other activities, this is likely to happen. More information is probably coming into your experience, probably from a higher vibration source (angels, saints, yogis, ascended masters, guides, God, Spirit, Source,, Higher Self – whatever is in alignment with your belief system). So here are some guidelines and suggestions to help you work with this skill:
1) As a rule, higher vibration beings will not ask you to kill or harm another or yourself. This first rule can help differentiate you and your situation from someone who may need professional help.
2) We are human, and as such, we filter everything through our beliefs. This is where the ego comes in. The more that you work on your own self (introspection, therapy, self help, etc.) the more you are likely to clear the clutter. The goal is to become a pure channel – as pure as possible.
3) Hold the information you receive lightly – it is very easy to jump to conclusions, bring in assumptions or work very hard to try and understand what the information means. This, in my experience, is the “primal error” of receiving information. The information was not “wrong”, but I layered over my own interpretation which consequently led me in a less than helpful direction. Some information is symbolic and not easily understood. Stay very, very curious about what you receive. Ask questions like: Why am I getting this now? Why in this situation? Why are others involved in this information (for example, it might look like you received information for another person).
4) Learn how to trust what you receive. Do you believe everything that everyone tells you or you read on the Internet (like this? 😉 The same is true for receiving guidance. I learned as a child that I always heard “the voice” over my right shoulder about 10″ from my ear. I discovered that it always came to me in a very specific way. A good book to help you discover this for yourself is “So You Want to Be a Medium: A Down to Earth Guide” by Rose Vanden Eynden. She has many exercises to help you explore “your way”.
5) There is a lot of chatter about “bad” beings who have suspicious motives. This may be true. I look a little bit deeper at the fear that is associated with this. Our fears can be fertile ground for less than evolved beings to use, just as humans will prey upon the fears of others. And for those not used to receiving information like this, it can be scary. Me personally? I have always intuitively worked on the source of my fears (understand and minimize the fertile ground), and have always held the intention to work with the most evolved beings. Between this and knowing how I receive information, I have always had a great relationship with my guidance and learned to trust it over time. It is a relationship to be fostered and a track record of exploration and trust.
5) Free will is our birthright. At all times, you have free will to follow your guidance or not. If we ignore a persistent message, sometimes that higher power will conspire to push you. For example, for months I kept hearing the message “Clear your calendar as of Jan 1 2009”. Did I follow this advice? Nope. It took nine months for me to give up and surrender, and start a one year sabbatical. I had no idea that the guidance meant to take a sabbatical, which was life changing. In the meantime, I extended a contract that felt like the “wrong” thing to do, and invested in a business that I shut down several months later and losing several thousand dollars in the process. Oh well.
I hope you have found this information useful in your own journey.