During an Energy Session
Most people feel very relaxed and centered during a session. Many fall asleep or doze off (in person and long distance). The sessions help you relax and shift into different brain wave states – from beta into alpha (relaxed), theta (the state right before we fall asleep or dream state) or even delta (deep sleep). Moving into these states helps your body nourish and replenish.
After an Energy Session
After the session, I recommend that you be gentle with yourself and do not over schedule. It is best to plan ahead and allow yourself some space to integrate the work. It can open some new pathways if you are ready.
- Some clients feel refreshed, energized and/or balanced
- Some clients need to take a nap after their session, especially if they are new to energy work. It can feel like an intense workout because you are experiencing your body and energy field in new ways.
- Some clients feel “stirred up” and sometimes feel emotional. It can be part of a clearing process. This usually lasts a day (maybe two). I recommend that you excuse yourself (if possible), feel the emotions, take a deep breath and let it go.
A Few Days After
Over the next days, people have described their experience this way:
- “I feel fantastic today!”
- “I feel better than yesterday. I was very very tired when I got home. Oh boy did I nap when I got home and felt like I was drugged 😉 Feel good today!!!!”
- “I was just telling my sister how bad I felt going to see you yesterday and how great I feel now!!! We are on our way to the dog beach. Could have never done that yesterday!!!”
- “Thinking about your insights and the language you use to describe me and my relationships. You are right on. Kind and clear.”
- “Seemed to shake up a lot of stuff. Still processing I think… Had a stressful day after leaving the session. I think I will let my body do it’s thing for the next couple of days and see how I’m doing. Thanks so much for the session.”
Please note: for people who are drinking heavily, using drugs and other substances, participating in energy work can stimulate a detox effect.